POACHED GINGER CHICKEN
A delicious and simple answer to “what do I do with chicken?”
Time Required: 35 minutes
4 chicken breasts*
1 2 -inch piece ginger*, peeled
1 large shallot*
4 tablespoons peanut oil*
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil*
1/2 teaspoon sugar*
1 cucumber*, halved lengthwise,remove seeds and slice thinly
1 bunch radishes*, sliced thinly
1 teaspoon Asian chili sauce
1 tsp. lime juice*
– Place chicken in a medium pot with just enough water to cover; add 1 tablespoon salt.
– Bring to a gentle simmer over medium heat and cook until the chicken is firm to the touch, about 15 minutes.
– Prepare a bowl of salted ice water. Drain the chicken and plunge into the ice water for about 30 seconds to stop the cooking. Drain again.
– Grate the ginger and shallot into a small bowl. Stir in 3 tablespoons peanut oil, the sesame oil and 1/4 teaspoon each sugar and salt.
– Toss the cucumber and radishes with the chili sauce, 3/4 teaspoon salt, the remaining 1 tablespoon peanut oil and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon sugar in a large bowl.
– Plate and drizzle with lime juice.
Recipe courtesy of foodnetwork.com
*Items delivered to our door by SPUD